Knauf Marmorit Approved Applicators
T: 07793 748366
|Home · About Us · Services · Our Insulated Render Site · Marmorit Coloured Render · Machine Plastering · Images · Video · Referees · Contact Us|
We have been a local approved applicator of Knauf Marmorit Renders for some years now, so we know how good their products truly are. Marmorit are part of the huge Knauf group and are the biggest manufacturer of building materials in Europe. Their service and back-up is second to none.
Marmorit have a sensible solution for nearly every external application from insulated coloured renders using EPS or Phenolic insulation, right through to the more traditional style renders.
There are huge benefits in using one of their systems, including:
· Hundreds of colours to choose from
· All Marmorit materials are breathable
· Ultra resistant to failure and cracking
· No need to paint again
· Manufacturer's 10 year warranty against any failure
Below is a step-by-step photo demonstration of us fitting one of the many Marmorit systems to a large house in Plymouth.
The customer was suffering a damp problem due to cracks in the building; the existing render had not failed, only cracked. In this case, to remove the existing render would involve using heavy demolition tools which not only takes time but would involve long periods of extreme noise and very dusty conditions. It would add further cost to the project and has the potential to damage the building further.
Marmorit's solution was to:
· Remove any loose paint using a 2600 PSI petrol pressure washer or mechanical sanding tool
· Locate any failed render patches and replace
· Coat the entire building with Quartzgrund primer
· Fit new plastic beading
· Apply a 5mm coat of SM700 PRO basecoat
· Into the above basecoat trowel in impact mesh
· Apply a further coat of SM700 PRO basecoat to sandwich the mesh and float flat
· Prime the newly rendered walls ready to receive the chosen top coat
· Apply the final coloured coat of Render (by hand or preferably, for a perfect finish, by Spray Machine as seen in our videos section
· Supply Marmorit's 10 Year Warranty
For more information on using Knauf Marmorit Renders on your project, please contact Richard or click on the logo at the top of the page to be directed to the Knauf Marmorit website.
Here is the house before we were called in, you can clearly see the cracks that were causing the damp issues and just how tired the building looked.
Mark, our scaffolder, has worked with us for many years and provides a safe, reliable scaffold.
The building has been high power pressure washed and any failed paint has been removed, also you can see Shane fitting the new plastic meshed beads to provide a plinth.
Here, Ben is applying the Quartzgrund primer, the whole building gets coated. This primer eats its way into the substrate and has a fine grit within it which helps provide a mechanical key.
Here you can see Shane and Ben preparing to push the mesh into the just-applied basecoat. The entire building is meshed in this way, this stops any cracking and will prevent failure of the basecoat.
This is the main gable of the house that has now had its second coat of SM700 PRO basecoat and has been floated flat ready to receive the final coat of render.
Applying the final 1.5mm Conni topcoat.
Here is the finished job.
What a difference! The house is now watertight, will never require painting and will look fresh for years to come.
Copyright © 2011 Richard Brown Plastering Contractors. All Rights Reserved. VAT Registered No: 983 0884 81. Site designed by George Telling.